Freitag, 13. März 2009

During my A-placement I was teaching a lesson about 3-D drawings. For most of the students it is very difficult to draw three dimensional. So I used an activity provided by NCTM where the students can build three dimensional objects on the computer. This activity really helped them to visualize different views of 3D objects. The activity can be found at:

http://illuminations.nctm.org/

This website is really usefull since it provides computer based activities and lesson plans.

7 Kommentare:

  1. I really like that illuminations website. What a great way to help the students understand 3D! That site looks like it has a lot of useful tools. I looked at one of the graphing applets for awhile and really liked how it would be a great interactive resource with the entire class when discussing new concepts. Thanks for sharing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. P.S. I wishi I could respond in German - I'm so glad you chose it as your blog lanuage instead of English but I'm also glad your postings are in English so I can respond better. :+)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Gutten Tag!
    That sounds like a great strategy for combining the content with technology. Some students may even be more motivated to do work on the computer than on paper. Does the site have anything for foreign language classes?

    El Profe

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I just changed my blog text to Spanish. Das est gut!

    El Profe

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I can relate to your students. I have such a hard time trying to conceptualize 3D images from paper and it's almost impossible for me to draw them. Great lesson! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I love 3-D. The glasses are even cool. Love the German. Sweet Ace Lesson.

    AntwortenLöschen